To find Scholarship page, go to ...
Programs and Services
-Guidance Counselor, K. Loury
Seniors! New Scholarships!
State Employees' Credit Union "People Helping People" Scholarship - this is a guaranteed scholarship for a WEMCHS student valued at $5,000 ($1,250 each semester for two years). Students must have at least a 2.5 GPA and must plan to attend one of the 16 constituent campuses of the NC UNC System. Interested students must submit an essay and a resume. See Ms. Loury for more details. Deadline to submit essay and resume is: Feb. 28th
Rotary Club Scholarship: This is a $1,000 award for seniors planning to attend a 4-year university or college. Judging criteria is based on letters of recommendation, essay, academic record and record of community service and school activities. See Ms. Loury for an application. Deadline is April 1st.
Seniors -Another Scholarship!
Corvias Foundation strives to support the educational goals of the children of active-duty service members. If you are a high school senior with a 3.0 GPA or higher, and the child of an active-duty service member stationed at one of the following installations, you are eligible to apply for the Corvias Foundation Scholarship:
- a four-year, up to $50,000 scholarship award
- open to graduating high school seniors with a minimum 3.0 cumulative un-weighted GPA at the time of application
- up to $12,500 per year for four years
- scholars must attend an accredited four-year institution
CORVIAS Scholarship Deadline approaching fast!! Seniors who are children of an active-duty military members can apply for this opportunity.
Check it out at: http://www.corvias.com/giving-back/foundation
- A four-year, up to $50,000 scholarship award
- Open to graduating high school seniors with a minimum 3.0 cumulative unweighted GPA at the time of application
- Up to $12,500 per year for four years
- Scholars must attend an accredited four-year institution
Seniors! New Scholarship:
NC Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarship (one time $2,000 award) - there are really 3 scholarships offered by this organization
See Mrs. Loury for an application. Deadline is March 15th.
- Eunice Riggins - only for females, top 10% of class, at least a 1220 on SAT or 25 on ACT.
- Mary Rose Mills - male or female, ranked in the top 10%, minimum SAT score of 1290 or ACT of 27
- Clare Johnson Marley/Mary Earle Berger Fine Arts - must declare a fine arts major, ranked in the top %20 of class, SAT score of at least 1220 or ACT of at least 25.
Seniors: New Scholarship: Gold/Wayne Chapter of the Winston-Salem State University National Alumni assoc. Scholarship.
Seniors who are former ESL students (English as a Second Language), you may be interested in applying for the Suzannah Blackwell Memorial Scholarship. Visit the following link:
Seniors: New Scholarship! The Wayne County Public Schools Retired School Personnel Scholarship is giving two $2,000 scholarships to graduating seniors enrolling in an accredited 4-year college and pursuing a teacher education major. Interested students should see Ms. Loury for an application. Deadline is April 18th.