Habitat for Humanity- There are a LOT of volunteer opportunities with Habitat for Humanity. 90% of what we do is through volunteer labor. Whether you're a skilled tradesman or construction is not your thing, we have a spot for you. What are you waiting for? We need you! Volunteers can work on:
- construction sites (must be at least 16)
- in the Habitat ReStore (which sells gently used appliances and household items to the public. Proceeds fund the construction of Habitat homes in Wayne County)
- in administration helping with clerical type duties (filing, data entry, etc…
- or being a lunch provider to volunteers working on the home construction sites
Go to: http://www.habitatgoldsboro.org/#!volunteer/c27j to sign up.
Wayne County Public Library - volunteers can help with shelving, straightening the children's department, preparing crafts for the children's program, and more. Pick up a volunteer application from Ms. Loury.
Community Soup kitchen of Goldsboro - Volunteers are always in need at the Community Soup Kitchen. It would not be possible to accomplish our goal without volunteers. If you or your organization would like to volunteer, please fill out the form on the "Contact Us" page of our website and the Soup Kitchen Director will be in touch.
Common Volunteering Duties:
- Cutting, Slicing, Peeling, etc.
- Opening canned foods
- Setting-up the serving line and trays
- Picking up doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and Mickey's
- Picking up bread from Franklin Bakery
- Brewing Tea
- Clean up before and after lunch is served
- Fold towels and aprons
- Serve food on the serving line
- Help keep the food pantry organized
Partnership for Children - The Partnership depends on volunteers to make our events and programs a success. The Partnership needs volunteers throughout the year to help with events such as our Born Learning Festival and our Lobster and Shrimp Festival. If you or a group you are involved in, would like to volunteer at our office or one of our events, call 919-735-3371 or sign-up at http://pfcw.org/contact-us/.
Arts Council - The Arts Council relies on the work of volunteers. Thanks for considering sharing your time and talents to help us out! We have many wonderful opportunities to volunteer, many require no artistic experience.
Contact us at (919) 736-3300 or at Traycee@ArtsInWayne.org if you would like to volunteer. We can use help with the following:
- Preparing newsletters for mailing
- Helping with receptions and special events
- Doing art projects with children during events
- Registering artwork for exhibits
- Helping with public art projects
- Odd jobs around the ACWC facility
- Help with fundraising and fundraising events
- Help with art activities at community events
There are many other opportunities that arise throughout the year. See more at: http://www.artsinwayne.org/become-a-volunteer#sthash.nPANEryl.dpuf